Wesbell is seeking an Structural Design Engineer who will be responsible for design of green field telecommunication towers, rooftop structures, and other structural steel and concrete projects as necessary, as well as coordination within project teams.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Design and analysis of new rooftop antenna supporting structures including roof penetration mounts, ballast mounts, wall penetration mounts, platforms, as well as cabinet chairs, etc.
- Analysis and reinforcing of existing rooftop antenna support structures
- Structural analysis and design of new greenfield telecommunication towers including self-support lattice towers, Guyed Towers, and Monopoles
- Design of foundations (Caissons, Mat foundations, Piling foundations, Soil/Rock anchor foundations, etc.)
- Structural design, analysis of existing towers and foundations; and providing Structural Analysis (SA) report as well as reinforcing solutions
- Develop tower & foundation profiles to support RFQ (Request for Quotation) requirement
- Review and stamp (QA/QC) of steel fabrication and installation drawings
- Site inspection, survey, and preparation of the in-progress report and civil inspection report
- Other duties and tasks as appropriate to the needs of the business
Education (Theoretical Training)
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited Canadian university
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in good standing of PEO (Ontario), APEGA (Alberta), or APEGBC (British Columbia) is required
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the US considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years structural design experience in Telecom engineering practice
- Advanced working experience in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Proven ability to direct the designers or drafters to prepare the engineering design package
- Working experience with TSTower/GuyMast, StaadPro/SAP2000, or comparable analysis software
- Familiarity with all applicable design standards and the latest codes (OBC, NBC, CSA S37, CSA S16, CSA A23.3and TIA-222, ACI 318, etc.)
- Communicate professionally, effectively, and clearly both verbally and in writing(English essential)
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.