Wesbell is seeking a Structural Engineer who will be responsible for design, analysis, technical support for telecommunication towers including guyed towers, self-support towers, monopoles, foundations, rooftops, and other structural steel and concrete projects as needed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Design and analysis of new monopole, lattice guyed and self-supporting telecommunication towers
- Design of tower foundations (Caissons, Spread footings, Mat foundations, Piles, Rock anchors, etc.)
- Analysis of existing towers & foundations, and providing reinforcing solutions and Structural Analysis reports
- Design of new rooftop antenna supporting structutres including roof penetration mounts, ballast mounts, wall mounts,and cabinet chairs/platforms, etc.
- Analysis and reinforcing of existing rooftop structures
- Detail design of bolted and welded steel connections
- Review and stamp of structure installation drawings and steel fabrication drawings
- Site audit, survey, inspection and preparation of in-progress reports and close-out construction report
- Assisting in building and upgrading structural design library and product catalogue
- Other duties and tasks as appropriate to the needs of the business
Education (Theoretical Training)
- Bachelor’s degree in structural or civil engineering from a recognized university
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in good standing of PEO (Ontario), APEGA (Alberta), or EGBC (British Columbia) is required and eligible to register in other Canadian engineering associations
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in USA is considered an asset
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years structural design experience in the telecommunication tower industry
- Advanced working experience in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Experience with TsTower, TsFoundation, GuyMast, SAP, Staad Pro, Mathcad or comparable analysis software
- Familiarity of all applicable design standards and the latest codes (OBC, NBC, CSA S37, CSA S16, CSA A23.3 and TIA-222 etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of steel shop fabrication processes an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership, handle simultaneous tasks and meet short deadlines
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and team player
- Communicate professionally, effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing (English essential)
- Must have a valid driver license and clean driver abstract
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.