Wesbell is seeking a Steel Fabricator for our Milverton Ontario facility. This position is responsible for the fitting, fabrication, tacking, and welding of custom structural steel. It requires the ability to position, align, fit, and tack-weld steel parts using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools. The person would be responsible to verify the conformance of pieces to specifications using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes, and delivering product in a safe, timely, and quality manner. Work hours will be straight days and located in Milverton, ON.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- The ability to follow drawings, blueprints, and specific layouts
- Assemble and tack steel parts
- Weld Fabricated Steel
- Operate job-related equipment (cut-off saw, ironworker, hydraulic presses, shears, drill presses, torches, pneumatic/power actuated tools, plasma cutters, grinders, small power tools, and overhead cranes.
- Resolve technical issues and materials problems with the fabrication manager as required
Education (Theoretical Training)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Trade / Certification training as an asset
Job Requirements & Experience
- Strong Work ethic& Teachable attitude
- A high degree of attention required to prevent injury to others and promote a safe work environment
- Valid transferable CWB tickets preferred
- Ability to read and interpret weld symbols and blueprints
- Strong background in structural steel required
- Experience with rounds is a must
- The position requires standing 8+ hours per day& lifting up to 50lbs at times.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.Including Good math, language, and reading skills.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, and a Professional team-player.
- Reliable transportation to Milverton, ON
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.