Wesbell is seeking a Saw Operator for our Milverton Ontario facility. This position is responsible for operating band saws and radial drill. They will use a forklift to material handle stock in the yard and into the shop.The person will be responsible to verify conformance and quality of pieces and deliver product in a safe, timely, and quality manor. Work hours will be straight days and located in Milverton, ON.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- The ability to follow drawings and specific layouts
- Loading steel in feed mechanism by lifting stock into position
- Resolve technical issues and materials problems with the fabrication manager as required
- Operate a manual and CNC operated Band saw
- Operate radial drills
- Operate forklift for material handling
Education (Theoretical Training)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Trade / Certification training in Steel or Shop Work as an asset
Job Requirements & Experience
- Strong Work ethic & Teachable attitude
- High Degree of attention required to prevent injury and promote a safe work environment
- A background in Steel Members and an ability to read and interpret drawings
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Including Good math, language, and reading skills
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, and being a Professional team-player
- Reliable transportation to Milverton, ON
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.