Wesbell is seeking a Junior Structural Designer (Drafter). This position will
be responsible for AutoCAD drafting & detailing of greenfield
telecommunication towers, rooftop structures, & other structural steel &
concrete projects as necessary, & coordination within project teams.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Develop job, project estimates, prepare proposals & perform required follow-up for the closing of the sale.
- Develop 2D CAD drawings of steel structures & reinforced concrete foundations based on the Engineer’s verbal direction or rough sketches
- Develop detail welding & bolting connection drawings
- Produce erection/installation drawings for field operation
- Provide fabrication drawings for manufacturing & DXF or other machining files as needed
- Prepare material takeoffs & Bill of Material (BOM)
- Assist in developing & upgrading structural design library & company product catalogue
- The occasional site visit/ inspection may be required
- You Other duties & tasks as appropriate to the needs of the business
EDUCATION (THEORETICAL TRAINING)
- College graduates from Structural Engineering Technology / Technician program or University degree in Structural Engineering
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years of structural steel drafting/ detailing & concrete drafting experience
- Must be able to read & understand Structural blueprints
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD is a must
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Good written and oral communication skills (English essential)
- Ability to recognize and adhere to established deadlines and schedules
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and multi-tasking
- Ability to fit into a fast-paced team environment and/or work independently
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.