The Driver Recruiter is responsible for identifying, sourcing and recruiting qualified drivers and owner operators.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with human resources, transportation, and safety divisions. You will be responsible for executing daily tasks including; recruiting, interviewing, on-boarding, and creating a positive business environment for long-term retention of drivers and owner operators as well as training and route audits when necessary.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Locate potential employees who meet company standards
- Pre-screen potential applicants
- Inform applicants about our operations and the benefits we offer
- Schedule driver orientations and road tests
- Develop and oversee recruiting or referral programs
- Attend job fairs to meet talent in person
- Guide candidates through the application process and track their progress in our database
- Assist with the onboarding process
- Administer onboarding and retention policies
- Find eligible job seekers through community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media, and internet sites
- Interview applicants to determine if their skill set matches the employer’s requirements
- Forward applicant information to hiring manager for the next steps
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with job seekers for future openings
- Utilize all company resources to complete the Recruiting process (Phone, computer, Internet, etc.)
- Develops and maintains a full understanding of the local driver labor market.
- Help improve Independent Contractor and Company Driver Retention – promote a positive business environment and become a source of guidance for drivers
- Works with transportation management and facilities management to identify staffing needs and requirements. Must be able to track and report on all activities on a routine basis
- Maintains and promotes compliance during recruitment and hiring process; Complete candidate files for review by the Safety Department for approval
- Ensures compliance with all federal/provincial laws and regulations; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of recruitment process.
- Reviewing weekly reports on Driver performance.
- Ride-along with drivers as needed
- Other ad hoc duties will be assigned as needed
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources is a plus
- Sales or recruiting experience is a plus
- Trucking or transportation experience a plus
- Communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency, ability to know how to operate with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Passion for technology and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Ability to motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.