Wesbell is seeking a responsible Owner Operator to deliver products/material promptly to job between Calgary and Burnaby in a safe and timely manner Competitive compensation rate..
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Delivering a wide variety of items
2. Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
3. Following delivery driving routes and time schedules
4. Loading, unloading, preparing, inspecting and operating the delivery vehicle
5. Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
6. Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving
7. Deliver a wide variety of items to different addresses and through different routes
8. Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
9. Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate a delivery vehicle and report defects, accidents or violations.
Education (Theoretical Training)
1. High School Diploma
Job Requirements & Experience
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Hold a valid Alberta’s Class 5 driver’s license
- Proven working experience as a Driver
- Good driving record with no recent moving or driving violations
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Ability to lift and carry heavy items
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.