The basic plasma cutting process involves creating an electrical channel of super-heated, electrically ionized gas from the cutter, through the work piece to be cut, forming a completed electric circuit back to the plasma cutter. This is accomplished by a compressed gas blown through a focused nozzle at high speed toward the work piece. An electrical arc is formed, the arc ionizes the gas creating plasma. Electricity travels down the plasma and the heat melts through the work piece. Much of the high velocity plasma and gas blow the hot molten metal away, thereby separating, i.e cutting through, the work piece.
Plasma cutting is an effective way of cutting thin and thick materials alike. Since plasma cutters produce a very hot and very localized “cone” to cut with, they are extremely useful for cutting sheet metal in curved or angled shapes. Wesbell has the technology and expertise to help you with all of your plasma cutting needs. Contact us and let’s talk about your project.
- 400 AMP Hi-Def plasma table using North America’s #1 CAD/CAM/CNC software std/pro version 7.0.
- Able to import client supplied .dxf, .dwg, .png, .jpeg and .bmp drawings for fast and efficient cutting and costing.
- Able to cut up to 2″ mild steel with Hypertherm True Hole technology.
- Plasma etching services: Plans etching is a marking process that can provide fold markings, part number, weld lines and other information directly on your products. Having markings directly applied to the steel can improve operator accuracy, reduce fabrication time and total cost.
- A skilled CNC plasma operator can cut perfect holes in steel material at very tight tolerances. Due to how the plasma arc operates, there are certain minimum diameters that are possible.
- This metal cutting process is ideal for dimensionally complex pieces that need to cut to strict specification.
- Weld prep and forming services available upon request.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, let’s talk about your project.