We are currently seeking all levels of Telecom Tower Technician to join our team in performing all tasks required to fully civilly construct wireless equipment on rooftop & tower environments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Assemble or erect communication towers using construction or rigging equipment
- Check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts & adjust as necessary
- Climb communications towers to install, replace or repair antennas or auxiliary equipment used to transmit & receive radio waves; maintenance or repair work on existing tower equipment using hand or power tools
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMA’s)
- Install, connect or test underground or aboveground grounding systems
- Perform general ground procedures, such as assembly of Microwave Dishes & steel structure assembly.
EDUCATION (THEORETICAL TRAINING)
- College, GED, vocational or technical training preferred
- ANRITSU SITE MASTER Vendor Training or 2 years experience with ANRITSU product/equipment/ technology is preferred but not required for entry-level positions
- Proper use of coaxial prep tools & Andrews coaxial connectorization course
- Dish orientation & path alignment & Antenna azimuth & tilt
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be comfortable working at heights or in confined space
- Basic experience with tower erection, antenna, dish, RF transmission line, copper & fiber systems
- Experience with reading & interpreting blueprints & engineered drawings
- Basic understanding of wireless communication systems & understanding of electricity & electrical safety
- Basic understanding of industry-standard installation guidelines
- Basic knowledge of the operation & safety requirements of power tools
- Fluent in English, written & oral & General working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Manual dexterity & mechanical aptitude is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license & clean drivers abstract & may require the use of the personal vehicle
- May be required to travel & work weekends, nights if required by the customer
- Must be a team player & possess a positive & professional attitude towards work & others
- General housekeeping is a must
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.