Wesbell is seeking a Systems Administrator in Mississauga Ontario. This position is responsible for handling primary technical requirements for our network infrastructure.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Rollouts: Servers, Desktops, Handhelds, Applications
- Maintenance & Upgrades: Windows Server, VMWare Infrastructure, and Windows 7/XP environments.
- LAN Administration: DNS, VLAN, DHCP, and other network and VPN inter-connectivity.
- Managing all aspects of Active Directory and Exchange Maintenance.
- Upkeep and maintain Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and SQL environment.
- Manage and Maintain our Tracking software, along with associated devices, software, apps.
- Monitor server application logs; troubleshoot and optimize systems as needed
- Troubleshoot server, desktop, handheld software/hardware as needed
- Work with baseline security practices both at the core and endpoint levels
- Maintain and secure firewall and VPN services.
- Maintain SAN infrastructure.
- Research hardware and software trends and fixes
- Make changes to the Wesbell web platform and maintenance of it.
- Keep current with new software and provide user-friendly effective training to end-users
- Test and deploy server/device software updates as they become available
- Liaison with vendors for RMA work
- Work with external developers for the customer and internal projects
- The region covers locations in Canada (primarily GTA) and one in North Carolina. May require a small amount of travel.
- Provisioning and maintenance of various Smartphone devices.
- Any other tasks that may be required
Education (Theoretical Training)
- University or college education in computer technology-related field
- MSCE, MCP esp. MS SQL & MS Exchange would be an asset
- Web and software development knowledge is an asset
- VMWare VI training or equivalent experience is an asset.
Job Requirements & Experience
- Testing, Troubleshooting, Maintaining Microsoft technologies (Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10, Terminal Server, Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory, etc)
- Thorough TCP/IP knowledge – DNS, VLANs, switching/routing, DHCP, Firewalls.
- Trouble ticket/asset tracking systems
- Break/fix, build, and rebuild workstations/notebooks, Android devices.
- Manage/Troubleshoot ActiveSync devices.
- Experience with VMWare Virtual Infrastructure (or other virtualization server software).
- Experience with ERP systems, specifically Great Plains would be an asset.
- Proficient at backup and recovery practices
- WordPress experience would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Thorough with documentation
- Must enjoy the challenge of problem-solving
- Dynamic individual
- Hard-working, customer-focused, team player
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.