Wesbell is seeking an Engineering Detailer who will be responsible for
2D drafting, 3D modelling & detailing of greenfield telecommunication
towers, rooftop structures, & other structural steel & concrete projects
as necessary, as well as coordination within project teams.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Develop 2D CAD drawings of steel structures & reinforced concrete foundations
- Provide 3D modelling of structural steel with Tekla Structures
- Develop detail welding & bolting connection drawings
- Produce erection drawings for field installation
- Provide fabrication drawings for manufacturing plant & DXF or other machining files as needed
- Prepare material takeoffs & Bill of Material (BOM)
- Liaise with estimating, fabrication & field teams
- Assist in building & upgrading structural design library & company product catalogue
- Occasional site visit/inspection may be required
- University degree/diploma in structural engineering
- 5+ years experience in structural steel detailing & concrete drafting experience In the Telecom industry
- Proficient in use of Auto CAD is a must
- Advanced skills in the use of Tekla Structures 2016i/2017i is a plus
- Experience in fabrication environment with CNC software considered an asset
- Experience in various types of steel & concrete construction methodologies
- Experience in conventional & deep foundation systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Good written & oral communication skills (English essential)
- Ability to recognize & adhere to established deadlines & schedules
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment.
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.