Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Health and Safety program for all divisions of the Wesbell group
- Maintain health and safety documentation and reporting
- Conduct in-house and field health and safety audits to ensure safe working environments
- Maintain Training Matrix and provide / coordinate training for workers when required including New Hire H&S Orientation.
- Assist supervisors with the investigation of workplace injuries and accidents and implement prevention procedures.
- Ensure proper documentation is provided to Human Resources on a timely basis for Injury reporting
- Support Managers and Supervisors with disability claims management and Early Return to Work programs;
- Provide input on RFQ’s when required
- Represent the company on all matters related to Health and Safety
- Ensure all applicable customer safety programs and insurance is maintained.
- Establish and monitor the process for the purchase of Health & Safety equipment and supplies for sites
- May be called upon to assist with local fleet matters
- Assume any other assigned and related tasks as directed
- Driver road Tests
- Remedial training with drivers and staff
EDUCATION (THEORETICAL TRAINING):
- Minimum high school diploma
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in related field preferred
JOB REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years prior work experience managing a related program
- Must be well versed in the Ministry of Transportation Laws and Regulations
- Must be familiar with Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Must be an excellent communicator, fluent in English & French with strong writing skills
- Basic computer skills and general knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Prior experience working at heights is preferred
- Must have the ability to motivate and mentor others
- Possess a Class 1 or Class 3 license preferred
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.