WE WILL TRAIN!!!!
We are currently seeking Telecom Tower Riggers to join the Wesbell team in performing all tasks required to fully civilly construct wireless equipment on rooftop and tower environments.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Assemble or erect communication towers using construction or rigging equipment
- Check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts and adjust as necessary
- Climb communications towers to install, replace or repair antennas or auxiliary equipment used to transmit and receive radio waves
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors or tower mounted amplifiers (TMA’s)
- Install, connect or test underground or aboveground grounding systems
- Perform maintenance or repair work on existing tower equipment using hand or power tools
- Perform general ground procedures, such as assembly of Microwave Dishes and steel structure assembly.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Education (Theoretical Training)
- OSSD or equivalent
- Technical training is a plus but NOT REQUIRED
Job Requirements & Experience
- Must be comfortable working at heights or in confined spaces
- Experience with reading and interpreting blueprints and engineered drawings is an asset but NOT REQUIRED
- Basic understanding of wireless communication systems is an asset but NOT REQUIRED
- Basic knowledge of the operation and safety requirements of power tools is an asset but NOT REQUIRED
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Practical ability and common sense
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude is required
- Basic understanding of electricity and electrical safety is an asset but NOT REQUIRED
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract
- May require use of personal vehicle
- May be required to travel and work weekends, nights if required by customer
- Must be a team player and possess a positive and professional attitude towards work and others
- General housekeeping is a must
- Fluent in English, written and oral
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.