The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with all areas relating to financial reporting in Logistics. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Also supports budget and forecasting activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure;
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports;
- Ensure monthly/annual Bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Assist senior management in budgeting/forecasting and strategic planning;
- Responds to inquiries from Senior Management and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting request;
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on progress to enhance the professional development of staff;
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed;
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining high level of accuracy;
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions;
- Develop and implement new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department;
- Ensure compliance with monthly/quarterly government reports and remittances
- Working with Auditors to complete year-end government reporting;
- Assuming any other assigned and related tasks as directed.
Education (Theoretical Training):
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- A professional accounting designation is an asset (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA)
Job Requirements / Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years prior financial experience at a management level position
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Microsoft Great Plains as an asset.
- Must have strong verbal and communication skills;
- Must have strong interpersonal and supervisory skills;
- Must pay attention to detail and ability to prioritize;
- Must have the ability to multitask in high demand environment;
- Intermediate working knowledge of various windows software packages (i.e. Word, Excel)
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working with Wesbell; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted. We wish you all the best.